Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Anything But Cute Challenge #9 Ring out the Old, Bring in the New

Hello everyone,

It is time for another challenge at Anything But Cute and this month the host is our dear Anne.
Here is the description of this month's challenge:

To celbrate the New Year, we woulde like you to create a mixed media card or project using something "new", perhaps you got some fabulous new craft item for Christmas or you have something new that you have not used yet, just remember to tell us what the new item is!



And here is what I created:


I used the Spellbinders Sentiments 5 die that I got from my son for Christmas :)


Here is the new item close up...


I arranged different crafter's clay embellishments, shabby bow and handmade flower to complement my "hello" die...


The base for this card was made with a piece of distressed turquoise card stock. I used home made texture paste for the Prima Finnabair doily stencil, then I dabbed gesso to mute the color of the card stock. The last touch was randomly applied white paint...

Please stop by Anything But Cute to see what my team mates have made for this challenge and then, it will be your turn to show off your creations...
I hope you enjoyed this post...
Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by..

17 comments:

  1. Samra, this is just a vision of beauty!! WOW!! Love the soft blue (my fav as you know)! The cupcakes and frame are just brilliant and your shabby bow is delicious as always! Your new die is so much fun, I may be adding that one to my wish list too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Love the frosty blue look and the clay pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samra, your card is exquisite, full of charm and beauty, it is quite breath-taking! I love the soft blue, the hello is fabulous and your clay embellies and hand made flower is superb. Love, love, love this! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB-YOU-LAAASSSS! Samra, you always make your cards into such an event, and this one is no exception! I love that new die your son got you...please give him a knuckle bump for me on choosing that and let him know I would like to be included on his Christmas gift list next year! Ha! Ha! He did good! And, as always you've worked your magic on that textured background, the sensational bow and blossom (tutorial, PLEEEEEZE!??) and your homemade embellishments. No kidding, I could eat both of those cupcakes! This is just another amazing card made by YOU! Big hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samra, this is breathtaking! Pure elegance! I love your style, my friend! That soft blue tone, that amazing bow, delightful handmade flower, great background texture and lovely embellishments are creating such brilliant design! Not to mention the awesome Spellbinders die! What a perfect Christmas gift from your son!
    Huge hugs tou you! Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is absolutely stunning, Samra!! I love the stenciled background!! The embellishments you added are just perfect!! I love the new Spellbinders die from your son!! You showcased it perfectly!! And you make the most beautiful ribbon bows I've ever seen!! Love, love this my friend!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh love that doily - so light and airy and gorgeous. And the cupcakes.... yum!! What a LUSCIOUS creation Samra. JUST BEAUTIFUL. j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Samra, gorgeous texture and embellishments
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so soft and pretty and your sentiment is fabulous with all the curly cues. Gorgeous!
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Samra! Love the stenciled background, flowers and fancy embellishments! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So ethereally beautiful - this is just lovely, Samra!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful, Samra! All the little details and dimension look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soft and lovely Samra, a symphony in blue and white! Thanks for sharing your lovely card, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful.....love the soft colouring! Very dreamy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous dearie! I would give your son a pat on the back for the lovely Hello die. Those curly cues as awesome sauce! Beautiful design, the frame and cupcakes take the cake! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card love all stencilling,soft blue and gorgeous bow and flower
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soft and gorgeous. I'm totally crushin' on those adorable cupcakes!!!!

    ReplyDelete